Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life is Precious

So today is the memorial mass for one of my good friend's dads birthday.  Unfortunately I was not able to make it, but she and her family know my deepest condolences go to each of them.  He passed away suddenly about a month ago at only the age of 50.  This really made me open my eyes and realize life is so precious.  At any given time ANYONE can have an accident or have a heart attack or anything and you could have never seen it coming.  So what am I am trying to tell you is, live your life to the fullest, love your parents, love your kids and realize at any time, they can be taken away from you.
I wish more people could realize this. I can't explain how many times I have heard someone say, "Ugh, my dad is so annoying I wish he would just get out of my life already," or "I hate my mom, she is so mean."  Well, I can tell you one thing, no matter how "annoying" or how "mean" they may be... my friend would love to be in your shoes to just be able to see her dad and hug him one last time. It makes me so angry when I hear people talk about their parents so badly and I just bite my tongue, because life is so unfair that they can lose that parent so suddenly, but they just think it will never happen to them.
So please. Take advantage of the fact that you have your parents, both of them if you do because there is someone out there that wishes they had that.

RIP Ricky Rudick. You are missed and loved by so many people... and Happy Birthday.
This post is dedicated to the whole Rudick family because they have been so strong in the struggle of Ricky's loss. Sami, I love you, girl!!

Quote of the Day: Life's not always fair.  Sometimes you can get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow.  ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

Post a Comment